What is the cure for Akinetopsia after being diagnosed with basilar migraine and Graves' disease?

I am a 31 year old and I suffer from a condition lao not have migraines who have it as well.... even some who get it from drug use. I have migraines and have had then since this started for me. I have been diagnosed with basilar migraine, bilateral vestibulopathy and graves diseasbeled visual snow syndrome. It is speculated to be a form of migraine although there are a lot of people who de, which is being treated. I am taking 40 mg verapamil a day and 2.5 mg methimazole once a day. I have, since August, been having issues similar to a condition called Akinetopsia, which usually occurs after a stroke. I have not had a stroke and have had MRI's a couple of years to check for MS. The symptoms are appearing mainly in my peripheral vision where I see movement from a car, but it is missing parts of the frame... I see it disappear and then reappear and keep doing that until it is out of my periphery. In my central vision I am noticing something similar, but only what I call jerking... the moving vehicles appear to jerk as they are moving. If I look in my distance vision they look okay, but I can see the moving wheel of the car, the rim, stop a few times in frame... It is like my vision freezes for a second. I have seen an opthalmologist and a neuro opthalmologist and have done a lot of online research and I can not find anyone with this exact symptom and no Dr. who understands me. I have been very scared for what the future holds for me. Is this, neurological, visual, migraine related, thyroid related, inner ear related? What do I do?
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. David Okia 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Your condition is Neurological. Detailed Answer: Hi thanks for your question. Based on your history above and my experience you have neurological problem that will need neurosurgical intervention. I would recommend you urgently see neuro surgeon . Hope i answered your question, will be happy to help you if you have other queries.
Follow-up: What is the cure for Akinetopsia after being diagnosed with basilar migraine and Graves' disease? 1 hour later
Is a neuro surgeon different from a neurologist? I saw my neurologist who didn't have any answer other than it being my eyes and she works at a university. Have you heard of this before?
Answered by Dr. David Okia 2 days later
Brief Answer: yes they are different. Detailed Answer: Neurosurgeon carries out surgical interventions( nervous system operations), while neurologists only treats using medications.