What is the correlations between adderall and testosterone?

I am looking into the correlations between adderol and testosterone. To me it is important that I keep my testosterone levels up while treating my attention disorder
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer: There has not been any documented correlation! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I don't know of any correlation between adderall and testosterone. Adderall has no documented effects on testosterone levels. I do not anticipate that there would be any impact on the level of testoerone while you take adderall fro the treatment of your attention disorder. If there are any reasons that make you suspect this, then discuss it with your doctor for there might be other explanations and not necessarily adderall as the cause. I hope you find this helpful. I wish you well and please do feel free to request for further information if need be. Thank you so much for using our services. Dr. Ditah, MD
Follow-up: What is the correlations between adderall and testosterone? 12 hours later
OK thank you very much.Thats good to know that it doesn't affect testosterone, which is good because I'm training in amateur MMA(mixed martial arts). I did however read on an increase prolactin due to a decrease of dopamine in the brain. Is there any alternatives to adderol that you know of that don't lower dopamine, and in effect increases prolactin (the breast growth hormone)?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Not too strong an association Detailed Answer: It is true that changes like these can be noticed but they are very very rare. If they should happen, then addressing them would be the best option and not changing the drug from prescription. it is the best known and most used. There are others but, still of the same family and similar profile like ritalin (methyphenidate). I hope this helps. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD