What is the correct dosage of clopidogrel?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
May I safely cut down and take my Clopidogrel every other day?
Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Continue on current dose and see your own doctor.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
Clopidogrel is an antiplatelet medicine. This means it reduces the risk of blood clots forming. Therefore, it reduces the risk of you having a heart attack or another stroke or XXXXXXX stroke.
Following your recent GI bleed, I assume your dose of clopidogrel would have been reviewed. It is normally taken once a day. If you are suffering side-effects from clopidogrel such as unusual or unexpected bleeding, then your dose may need to be reconsidered. However, you should continue on your current dose and discuss and changes in your dosage with your own doctor who will know you best. This would be the safest plan.
I hope this is of help. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,