What is the correct dosage and side effects of welbutrin?

How can I tell if I am getting to large of a dose of wellbutrin? I am on 300mg once a day? I feel much better and have been on this for two years. I have read that you can have seizures and did experience something that could have been a seizure, yesterday. All of the tests given to me showed everything was okay and that it was not a stroke Thank you
Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
300 mg per day as a single daily dose is the routine dosage for wellbutrin as antidepressant. Since you are not experiencing any side effects and it is well tolerated with a good symptom control, you can continue with the treatment.
It is best to get yourself periodically reassessed to determine the need for maintenance treatment and the appropriate dose for such treatment.
Since you had seizure like symptoms yesterday, it is best to consult your physician for a physical examination to rule out stroke.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: What is the correct dosage and side effects of welbutrin? 2 hours later
I did see a Dr. and the tests and all they did turned out great and was given a good report. Thanks.
I did say in the first e-mail that I was checked for a stroke and all was okay.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Since all the tests were alright, there is no need to worry. You can continue with your medication as prescribed.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.