What is the complete cure for muscular spam in neck?

Nov 2013

So, I have been facing a neck problem for over 2 weeks now. I initially took Esgipyrin for a couple of days to get rid of it, didnt help. Then saw a local physician who gave me his own his own set of tablets which I took in this pattern 1-1-1 however his medicines only gave me temporary relief. I was then asked to have an X-Ray of Neck which indicated Muscular Spasm and the orthopaedic suggested me to take Mobiswift, Veloz, Rclonec and Becotrol. Its been 5 days now but the pain is still there. Though very minimum, I am not totally feeling well. Would like to have suggest from an expert on this so that I can lead healthy and norml life yet again.
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. Your symptoms are suggestive of cervical disc disease, where the nerves in the neck get pinched by the slipped discs (soft tissue between neck bones). Iniital treatment would be with pregabalin capsules and physiotherapy. Physiotherapy consists of IFT and ultrasound for pain relief, followed by neck extension exercises. If you get better, then, it is fine. If symptoms persist despite these, then, you can get MRI scan of cervical spine done to confirm the diagnosis and severity of problem. I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad
Follow-up: What is the complete cure for muscular spam in neck? 2 days later
Thanks Doctor. I read about the cervical disc disease and it says that apart from acute pain in neck, there is numbness in hand and arm. I dont have any numbness in hands or arms and do neck and back exercises as given to me by the Orthopaedic. Also, everyday when I have warm water bath or warm water massage it feels as if the pain is gone, but comes back by night or next morning. Given I have already gone through X-Ray, do you still think an MRI is required? Let me know if you want to know details of the X-Ray Report. Also, please let me know the tablet name for the drug pregabalin which I can buy from local medical store. Thanks, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Thank you for getting back. Detailed Answer: 1. X-ray shows only the bones, and hence, we can not accurately comment regarding muscle spasm or disc disease on it. 2. Sometimes, disc disease in early stage can only present with neck pain without numbness of hands. 3. If symptoms are minor, you can wait for MRI. However, if you have severe pain, or if you develop numbness and tingling in arms, then, you can get MRI done. 4. Pregabalin is sold by name "PREGALIN" Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)