What is the causes for blood in urine?
User rating for this question
blood in urine
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: Needs further evaluation. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX com, and thank you for choosing WWW.WWWW.WW for your health related query. I can understand your concern. Seeing blood in the urine can be scary, but do not worry too much, it could be nothing very serious. However, the exact reason for blood in the urine needs to be found out, and that can be done by consulting a urologist at the earliest and undergoing some basic investigations like, urine routine investigation, ultrasound scan of the abdomen, and cystoscopy. The common reasons for blood in the urine are. 1. Bladder or kidney infections 2. Bladder or kidney stones 3. Certain kidney diseases, such as inflammation in the filtering system of the kidneys (glomerulonephritis) 4. Enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia) or prostate cancer 5. Inherited diseases such as sickle cell anemia and cystic kidney disease 6. Certain medications such as aspirin, penicillin, heparin, cyclophosphamide, and phenazopyridine 7. A tumor in the bladder, kidney, or prostate. Since it is not possible to rule out all these cause for blood in the urine, you are advised to kindly make an appointment with a urologist at the earliest to find the exact cause, the treatment will depend on the cause. Hope this answers your query. Please feel free to write back if you have any doubts. Wishing you speedy recovery. Kindest regards.
People also viewed
- Diagnosis of Embryonal carcinoma
- Is trembling or shaking of the hands or feet a side effect of norvasc?
- Diagnosis of Venous insufficiency ulceration
- Drugs/medication for Venous insufficiency ulceration
- Blood in urine no pain what is causing this
- What causes blood in urine
- Is quick to react or overreact emotionally a side effect of fortesta?
- Is blistering, peeling, loosening of skin a side effect of ibuprofen?
- Is loss of appetite a side effect of hydrochlorothiazide/triamterene?
- Is blood in the urine or stools a side effect of hydrochlorothiazide?
- Noticed blood in urine what is causing this
- Treatment and cure for Pelvic girdle pain
- Diagnosis of Neuromuscular disease
- What are the possible causes of blood in urine
- What is the cause of traces of blood in urine