What is the causes and treatment for swelling between scrotum and anus?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2014
May 2014

Radiologist
Question
swelling in between scrotum and anus from last 3 days, it starts from anus and ends below left testicle, tightness, uneasiness and heaviness though no pain , what is the reason and cure, climate is cold in here
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Most likely infection Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for writing in to us. A swelling between scrotum and anus only since last 3 days might be a developing infection in a hair follicle in the region, a clogged sweat gland or a small lymph node. There is usually no pain in initial stages but with progress in time, you may get pain. Another reason for absence of pain is the cold weather which is preventing the infection from developing fast. I suggest that you keep the area clean and dry. Wear loose cotton inner wear and avoid sitting for long duration and sweat formation in the area. Do not touch or scratch with your finger nails as it will get more infected. If the swelling is increasing in size with pain or burning sensation then consult a doctor and take a complete course of antibiotics and anti inflammatory medications. Hope your query is answered. Do write back if you have any doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek

Follow-up: What is the causes and treatment for swelling between scrotum and anus? 40 minutes later
Dear Dr XXXXXXX It seems that observation provided by you are the real reason associated with this swelling, in last 4 days i have been sitting for long time i have been sitting for around 9-11 hours while travelling leave aside the rest of time i have spend on chair, when I lie down or sleep I feel relaxed and it always feels like that swelling is no more, i wish to know from you which all antibiotic and anti inflammatory medication I can take, this is one of the question (cure) which I asked while posting the question initially.

Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for writing in to us. You might be having an infection. You may apply Neosporin ointment on the swelling to control it. WWW.WWWW.WW does not encourage prescribing medications online. However, you may consult your doctor and then take oral antibiotics like augmentin or cephalosporins in recommended doses. For anti inflammatory medication you may take diclofenac or paracetamol and serratiopeptidase combination tablets for pain relief and healing. Please take medications as prescribed only. Hope your query is answered. Do write back if you have any doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek