What is the causes and treatment for burning sensation at the anus and difficulty in passing motion?

May 2013
I am 64 year old women, I had two C sections when I was24,26 and a family planning operation at the age of 29. Recently I had two eye- cataract operations one year before. My problem is from past 8 months, I have a severe hotness feeling in the anus region. It's like burning sensation. Before coming to US I faced this problem and I consulted a general physician, they gave following medication-Pantaprazole & Domperidone tablets, Ofloxacin & Ornidazole tablets. I used this medication for 5 days, I was relieved from the problem. Soon after I came to US and again I have the same problem. Here I consulted one of the general physician , suggested to take Milk of Magnesia. I used for 25 days and at that time there is no problem. After completion of the course , after ten days again the problem shooted up. Now facing burning situation at the anus during the morning time less frequently but during nights it is horrible. For every two hours I need to wake up because of burning sensation and I need to urinate. After urination, for two hours it will be ok, and all of sudden in the sleep I woke up again because of burning sensation. Some times when I go for lavatry I face difficulty and when push much I can see blood coming out. I won't eat any spicy food at all. I take very light food which is easily digest able along with fruits and I am a vegetarian, I used to take much of liquids like buttermilk and all. When I consulted a doctor in india, they said it's not a problem related to piles. Pls help me out with this problem, and which specialist I need to consult.
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Consult general surgeon Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. As you are having burning sensation at the anus and difficulty in passing motion sometimes, better to get examined by general surgeon. By local examination the possible cause for your problem can be identified. Apart from piles the causes that can lead to burning at anal mucosa are: -Anal fissure, sometimes due to straining during defecation, anal fissures can develop. And that can lead to pain and burning at anus. - Excoriation of anal mucosa. Sometimes due to diarrhea or due to repeated passage of motions excoriatin of anal mucosa can occur. Irritation at the anal region can induce desire to void urine frequently. So, by examination the exact cause for your problem can be possibly identified and treated. Local analgesic and anti - inflammatory creams can give relief. Sitz bath can help to some extent. You can continue your diet as usual. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.