What is the cause of weight gain on my breasts?

hads a mammogram, what me to come back for 2nd 1 and maybe a ultrasound. i just had a breast examine by my physican. she did fell anything. i have gained weifht and my breast are the first place i gain. thanks
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Saul Weinreb 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you for using HCM, I would love to help Detailed Answer: If they want you to repeat your mammogram, it is most likely because they saw a mass that appears benign. The ultrasound will be able to better tell if it is a cyst or not. Depending on the size of the cyst, it may explain why you feel swelling in your breasts. Fortunately, the fact that they want an ultrasound and a follow up mammogram hints to me that they don't think it appears like a cancer. If that were the case, they would send you for a biopsy instead of a repeat mammogram and ultrasound. Also, if your doctor didn't feel anything, at least it isn't large and obvious. Definitely get the repeat mammogram and the ultrasound if your doctor orders it. I am not sure why you are gaining weight, but it is unlikely that it is related to the breast mass. I hope this was helpful, please let me know if you have any more questions.