What is the cause of vomiting after taking metamucil?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
I am taking Prilosec and Pepcid... I took some Metamucil 30 min ago and now feel like vomiting... Am I allergic to Metamucil?.
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Metamucil usually does not cause vomiting. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. After reading your post, it seems you are having gastritis as you are taking two types of antacids-prilosec and pepcid. Metamucil is a fibre preparation used to relieve constipation. It usually does not cause vomiting. Your vomiting could be due to gastritis. You can take Domperidone 30mg for relief from vomiting. I would also advise that you should get yourself clinically examined and investigated. I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Regards. Thanks.