What is the cause of sperm leakage during the night?

I get sperm leaked during night times when I sleep. Main point here is when there is leakage of sperm, there wont be any sexual dreams or erection of penis. Without any sex dream or erection of penis or mastribution, there will be leakage of sperm and penis size will be small on shrunk during the time. Is this a problem? if yes then what is the solution?
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 1 hour later
Brief Answer: This is a normal,physiological and healthy event Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for choosing WWW.WWWW.WW Leakage of semen during sleep is called Nocturnal Emission. It is a normal ,physiological and healthy event during Rapid Eye Movement (REM) phase of sleep. It is not necessary that there should be dreams with sexual contents for nocturnal emission . Secondly, all dreams can not be recalled so one can't be sure what type of dream was there. There are many changes in body at the time of dreams like loss of muscle tone , increased heart rate, respiratory rate,erection of penis and slowing of blood circulation for which you never become aware so it is a normal process. Penis size varies, when it is soft , due to many factors. Anxiety and cold weather causes contraction of smooth muscles, so the size looks small. Solution is to relax and stop worrying about it. Good Luck DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA
Follow-up: What is the cause of sperm leakage during the night? 11 minutes later
Thanks Saathish. But the point here is sperm leakage without erection of penis. This is new in my life as per my observation and this is happening recently. Till date I do use to get sperm leak but all time when I use to get leak I use to notice normal erection of penis but in recent days I am experiencing sperm leakage without erection or sexual feel. Please clarify this Thanks Hareesh
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: These can be present without erection Detailed Answer: Hello Actually you are not loosing sperms but it is the secretion from bulbo-urethral glands, situated in front of rectum and behind urethra. It starts secreting a clear fluid for clearing urethra for safe passage of sperms and for lubrication. This can happen without erection of penis due to zenith point of testosterone. Still, for your satisfaction, you can get a urine examination and sonogram of scrotum and penis to make sure there are no surprises. DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA