What is the cause of severe headache and vomiting?

Nov 2013

Hi Doctor, Some i get very severe head ache and i feel like vomiting.After vomiting i feel bit ok but this time from past three days i am getting continous headache in the morning i tried to vomit with water lot of flum is coming and some times i observed the flum is in red which i am scared about.I have spets but due to some reasons one day i did not used it as i forgot so complete one day with out spects and lens is this is the reason i want to know the reason so that i can avoid and may the winter reason i dont no.once i used dart tablete also.But it is same after the next day.
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi Ms XXXXXXX Thank you for posting your query. First of all, I would like to reassure you that there is no need to worry, as your problems can be treated well with medications. The most likely cause of your headaches is migraine. You may take rizatriptan tablets for relief of headaches. In addition, you also need to start preventive medications, so that the frequency and severity of headaches can be reduced. Regarding the red phlegm, it could be minor throat infection. If it repeats, please consult a physician for evaluation. Not using spectacles for one day is not the cause for your headaches. I hope my reply has helped you. I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, For DIRECT QUERY to me: My blog: