What is the cause of on and off nausea?

General Surgeon
Hi, I've been feeling ill/nauseous on and off for a while, it usually gets better but comes back after a while. Yesterday I started feeling nauseous, and my vision became all blurry, as if my eyes were rolling uncontrollably and I felt quite sick and faint (felt a little like I was getting motion sickness but I was lying down). Today I was walking around and felt the same, eyes blurring/rolling, feeling sick and faint. Few days ago I was feeling extremely depressed and cried for no reason, I don't usually get mood swings that bad and I couldn't really get over the depression until a few hours later and I went to sleep. I don't know if this is related or not to the nauseousness. Please could you help me.
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed below Detailed Answer: Hello. Thank you for the query. Your symptoms indicate some brain or internal ear problem. Gastrointestinal issues are less probable. Due to increased intracranial pressure you may get all mentioned symptoms as well as mood change. Brain tumor and inflammation should be ruled out. Internal ear problems usually give dizziness along with mentioned by you symptoms. Sometimes such symptoms can appear due to sudden blood pressure drop. It may apoear due to heart problems. I suggest you to consult neurologist and consider head CT first. Laryngologist should be also consulted. Heart should be checked with ECG and 24 hours pressure and rythm monitoring. Hope this wilk help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards