What is the cause of multiple hard painless lumps?

General Surgeon
23 year old male, 10 stone in weight and 6ft in height, i have mutible XXXXXXX hard non mobile painless lumps in my groin musle none bigger than a cm and a 1/4, i have some in my biceps and my pupils have also become different in size by about a mm in difference, it also changes which one is bigger, this happens quite offen durring the day, i have been for blood test everything was normal, i am looking for what is the most likely cause of these problem and if could all be related.
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 47 minutes later
Thanks for query
Multiple hard ,painless ,non mobile, small lumps or swelling in different part of body ,mainly it groin and in the biceps muscles of young person ,is generally either due to multiple neuromyo fibromatosis or neurofiromatosis or some times lymph nodes .As neurofibroma are painless,size varies from person to person & place to place ,mostly benign causes a great cosmetic & psychological attention. Lymph nodes are generally soft ,not hard ,except in one condition , multiple neuromyo fibromatosis or neurofiromatosis can be familial .

FNAC or Excision biopsy of one lump may give more help to find the real cause & plan for management. I do not think you should worry about cancer at this stage, it is far from the being a possibility.

Hope I have answered your question well to your satisfaction. Wish you speedy complete recovery at the earliest.
Follow-up: What is the cause of multiple hard painless lumps? 34 hours later
i have a grain of salt size lump on the white part of my eye it does not hurt, my pupils have become different sizes for about the last 3 weeks, i have multiple, hard, XXXXXXX imobile palpable lumps in my groin that appeared from what i can only see as the groin musle i also have these lumps im my arms, the biggest is about a cm and a half and the rest are a cm or less, im a 23 year old male 6ft tall and i weigh 10stone i am also a smoker of 12 years. thanks
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 2 hours later

Good to hear from you again.     

A small grain size lump in the white of eye (i.e.sclera), which don`t hurt, but produces or causes pupils of different size.

Generally such small grain size nodules or lumps in white part of eye are harmless. But as you have pupils of different size, that to for the last three weeks, opinion & evaluation from an eye specialist is better option & idea.

For Multiple hard, painless, non mobile, small lumps or swelling in different parts of body, mainly groin and the arm of young person needs FNAC or excision biopsy of one nodule to reach final diagnosis. There is no harm in biopsy, as it will make the final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wish you a Good Health.
Follow-up: What is the cause of multiple hard painless lumps? 12 hours later
hi thanks i must ask if cancer had spread to my groin, arms and my eyes or brain would it most likely show something wrong on a cbc blood test cause i've had this done and all came back normal. i only ask cause my doctor is on holidays till monday, which i have already set an appointment for.
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 31 minutes later
Nice to see you again     

Without confirmed report of FNAC or biopsy it is always premature to say or talk any thing about cancer.Cause in such nodules can only be settled by FNAC or biopsy.

There is no harm waiting for your doctor or his appointment till Monday,as it is not going to alter diagnosis,treatment or prognosis.

cbc or blood test is not going to be of any help.

‘Hope I have answered your query, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”