What is the cause of memory loss when i wake up in the morning?

hi when I wokeup in the morning, I could not recognize many things like todays date, my home design, route to friends place, things in my room and many other small things. I was fine yesterday as suggested by my family but today I dont know many details of yestetday itself. Please help Thanks
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: It can be seizure or TIA. Consult a neurologist Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for choosing WWW.WWWW.WW The symptoms you are describing are called disturbed higher mental functions. These symptoms can be due to suddenly developed reduced blood supply to some parts of brain called pre-frontal area. This episode is called Transient Ischemic Attack. It is a temporary problem and resolves after some time. Other cause can be a Seizure disorder. These and other possibilities can be clarified by EEG, CT-Scan Head and blood tests. You should consult a neurologist to help you find what it is. Hope it helps. Any more query is welcome. DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA
Follow-up: What is the cause of memory loss when i wake up in the morning? 5 hours later
Rimactazid 450 mg, mycobutol 1000 mg, pza ciba 1500 mg n pyrodixin. I am takingng these tablets for TB infection which I started initially due to positive TB which later was overruled on further diagnosis. Can that be one of the reason or can that help in diagnosing my problem?
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get EEG and CT scan of head Detailed Answer: hello yes, this piece of information can be useful. Tuberculoma (TB infection in brain)is a small granuloma which can produce these symptoms and give positive test for TB. CT Scan head and EEG will further help in diagnosis. If it is positive, you need to be put on anti epileptics and anti tubercular medicines. Good Luck DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA
Follow-up: What is the cause of memory loss when i wake up in the morning? 11 hours later
yesterday when I went to bed, my. mother told me that within 5 min, my eyes get locked tightly, blood came out of my mouth along with saliva, I was faint that time. And then after 15 min, I was all right and got up and went upstairs to my room where same action got repeated again. when I woke up in morning, I realized I bite my tongue while sleeping. is this connected to memory loss and TB or something else. will go to neurologist in the evening. please guide. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You probably had Generalized Seizures, consult neurologist Detailed Answer: Hello The events of last evening point towards episodes of Generalized Fits. As I mentioned previously, you seem to have ? Tuberculosis infection with Seizures. Memory loss may be due to seizures I suggest to consult neurologist . Dr Saatiish Jhuntrraa