What is the cause of elevated SGPT level when under treatment for Non Hodgkin lymph node?

i have high grade non hodgkin lymph node 3rd stage i am under treatment. my serum- s.g.p.t are always high what should i do to control it- i do not drink any alcohol
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Lokesh K N 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Reasons can be as below Detailed Answer: Hi, Increase in liver enzymes like SGPT\SGOT may rarely be seen with involvement of liver by lymphoma. If there was a baseline increase in enzymes, this could be the reason. If enzymes were elevated after starting chemotherapy, it’s due to the drugs. The drug dosages need to be adjusted based on serum bilirubin levels. I think you need to have a thorough physical examination by your doctor to see for any clue regarding liver involvement and decide investigations based on that. Hope I have answered your question.