What is the cause of dizziness with a wobbly balance?

i am 67 yr old woman i keep having dizzy spells i also seem to slur my speech occasionally my balance is sometimes a little wobbly i have always worked so not just sitting dwelling on things i had radioiodine for long term overactive thyroid feb 2012 and now take tablets for underactive can u give me some advice i am usally fit and healthy so this is worrying me thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Need more information Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I am Dr Saumya Mittal. Read your query. I feel genuinely concerned. But before I can help you, I have a few questions. Is your thyroid well controlled? What was the last TSH? And when? Do you have diabetes, hypertension, any other medical conditions? Are you on any medications? If yes which? How long have the symptoms occurred? Any problem with limbs like weakness or tingling numbness in one half? Does it increase on getting up, or turning head? Any palpitations or tachycardia? Any tests done so far? If yes what were the tests and what were the reports? I am sorry I cant be of help directly. But I want to be sure of what you may have before I can tell you what you need to test, or what you need to take. Please bear with me. Awaiting your response Dr Saumya Mittal