What is the cause of delay in period after using mifegest kit?
User rating for this question
We had unprotected sex on 19 XXXXXXX took I pill on 20 XXXXXXX period was due on 20 XXXXXXX but it missed .we did pregnancy test it was positive later use mifegest kit single tablet first day on 10 Feb after 24 hours two tablets and after 48 hours two more but still no bleeding seen after 10 hours of taking last dose.when it will occure.
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us wtih your health concern. After taking the medical abortion pills, bleeding can occur anytime within 24 - 48 hours. So please wait for 48 hours more. However, I have to tell you that it is a grave mistake to take these pills by yourself, without medical supervision. The pregnancy has to be confirmed by a gynecologist, apart from a positive urine test. Then the pregnancy has to be dated accurately by ultrasound scan , and this will confirm that the pregnancy is not extra uterine ( ectopic ) - which is a rare possibility. Then the drugs should be taken by a gynecologist's prescription. Medical abortion can be a failure in 4 % of cases, and then surgical abortion would be required. Without medical guidance, there are rare risks such as - uncontrolled bleeding, infection, retained products of conception, undiagnosed ectopic pregnancy etc. If you have not consulted a doctor, do so right away. If you have, wait for 2 days more, if you do not bleed, re consult. In any case, it is mandatory to have a follow up ultrasound scan 15 days after the pill intake to confirm that abortion was complete. All the best. Please feel free to discuss further.
Follow-up: What is the cause of delay in period after using mifegest kit? 21 hours later
Hi Dr. Thanx for suggestion...now she has severe abdominal pain and started light bleeding since today afternoon is it normal...???
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Yes , pain with cramps is to be expected The bleeding should intensify within a few hours.
People also viewed
- What could cause heavy bleeding after using mifegest kit
- Brown spot in roof of mouth hepatitis
- My toddler has light brown smelly stools
- Odorless brown vaginal discharge for months
- Brown sludge on microgynon
- Is althea and diane pills only one?
- Mifegest kit use and result
- How to use mifegest kit
- Althea pills incombination with diet pills
- Delayed periods pregnant wants abortion can mifegest kit be used
- What happen after taking mifegest kit
- Which is ok diane or althea
- Brown stain on my underwear and i am 9 weeks pregnant
- Althea contraceptive pills price
- Prescription for althea contraceptive