What is the cause of abdominal pain when pregnant?

Infertility Specialist
i am 11 weeks 4 days pregnant. I had slight bleeding last night next to negligible and a slight pain left side lower abdomen. I am very worried. I had an ultra sound scan 2 weeks back and everything was normal. please let me know is there anything i need to worry about.
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: Relax Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to healthcaremagic. I read your query and I understand your concerns. Following is my reply: 1) It is possible to have some spotting / light bleeding in early pregnancy. 2) You need to relax mentally and physically and take rest. 3) Get your thyroid hormones tested sometime just to check if dose needs to be increased. 4) Dont work or lift heavy weight. Just relax take your medicines prescribed. Hopefully everything will be fine soon Let me know if you have any more queries. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol