What is the cause of a sticky feeling in my hands and lips?

Oncologist
Question
hands and lips feel like glue very sticky 49 male taking abieant 10mg for sleep. or tacky feeling no outher issues
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I would have to say that the most likely reasons that you have this sticky feeling on your lips and hands is related to stress. Quite often when one is stressed it leads to a release of stress hormones which can cause such symptoms.

I am also wondering what you mean exactly by having sticky hands. Does this mean that your hands are sweating to some degree. Do you have some sticky feeling between your fingers? Is there any change in the appearance of the skin on your hands or lips? Has there been any change in medications recently?

Finally I am wondering if you have been drinking enough fluids. Sometimes dehydration can cause a sticky feeling in the lips or in the mouth.

I hope you have found this information to be helpful. I certainly await additional information from you as we look forward to providing you with a good reply to your query.

Dr. Robert Galamaga