What is the cause of a bump on my labia?

I recently noticied a bump on my right labia and the entire right side is swollen and red. Last night I soaked in a tub and that night the bump popped and some fulid drained from it. It was clear in color with some blood. I can still fell a nodule in this area and my right labia is still red and swollen. It is not very painful and does not hurt to walk, sit or stand. I shave this area too and wondered if it could be an ingrown hair but I have never notice the labia swelling.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 18 hours later

From your complain, it seems that bump on your labia is because of some infective cause, it can be a infection of hair follicle or swelling of some gland.

I suggest you to visit a gynaecologist and get a proper examination of the lesion done.

Accordingly, your doctor will prescribe you antibiotic.

Please do not neglect the lesion, it needs proper evaluation and treatment.

You can try with Macrolide group of antibiotics for 5 days and also pain killer combination of Paracetamol and Brufen twice a day after meal for 3-5 days.

Wishing you speedy recovery.

I will be available for your follow up queries if any.