What is the cause of Pulsatile tinnitus with heart palpitations and raise in BP?

ENT Specialist
have had a whoshing in both ears it comes with each heart beat ...drives me crazy.....kinda like pounding with my heart blood pressure is low...110/72 almost all the time. But the sound is worse in morning. I did look it up and seems to fit Pulsatile it serious will it ever go away...I am worried about tumor...I am stressed, have had nine heart stents..had my carotid checked at hospital where I work and they saw no blockage. Feel a bit of pressure like sinus pressure. Please help nervous wreck.
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Take a course of antibiotics first Detailed Answer: Hello, You have had cardiac disease , but are you sure that your blood pressure is normal all the time? The thing is that pulsatile tinnitus ,what you are aware of, is because of blood flow problems , either raised blood pressure commonly , then either due to drugs which increase the microcirculation in ear , or due to infection in the ear as blood flow increases in infection and lastly because of some blood vessel mass or tumour. The tumour which gets formed in the ear is Glomus tumour .Which can be ruled out by getting a MRI scan done . But my first advice would be to take a antibiotic and decongestant course for taking care of infection and measure the blood pressure . Get done a hearing test if possible so that it could help to know condition of middle part of ear and you ENT specialist could guide you further . In doubt do reply
Follow-up: What is the cause of Pulsatile tinnitus with heart palpitations and raise in BP? 21 minutes later
I am more concerned about tumor...although for years I have had ringing in the ear only in last month has it been beating along with my heart....also have dentures and when I move my jaw in different positions the high pitch frequency gets hire always has....I keep taking my blood pressure but it stays low...I did have two bouts of high blood pressure where I took myself to hospital...but can't be sure that the pulsing didn't in my ear did not freak my out and pump my blood pressure up....scared had so many poblems last two years the though of a tumor is driving me crazy..thanks
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: take medicines Detailed Answer: Hello, When the sound is more because of the jaw movement then there are more chances of it being because of the middle ear fluid collection. Which can be treated by decongestants and antibiotic . Consult your ENT specialist for that. If it does not go with medicines within 2-3 weeks , then you should get done MRI scan . In doubt do reply