What is the cause for white penile discharge with discomfort erections?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Hello doctor.. I am a 24 year old male who has recently experienced a white penile discharge throughout the day. There is no burning, itching, redness, bumps, or swelling. I also have discomforting erections. Ive dealt with this now for 3 days. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Possible genital infection;need to do culture test Detailed Answer: Hi, The white penile discharge could be related to genital infection. As you are not facing any visible symptom, I'd suggest to do the culture of the discharge for bacterial or fungal infection in order to determine the right diagnosis and get the proper treatment. If you are sexually active, I'd suggest to get tests for STDs to get treatment in time. Until you have the results in, I'd advise to: - have always protected sex - get proper hygiene of your genitalia - if not circumcised yet, discuss with an urologist to get circumcised once your finish the treatment - get your partner (if only one) treated as well (at the same time as you) - I usually prescribe local cream containing clotrimazole and metronidazole; once you have the results in, you should start oral therapy too Hope it answered to your query! Dr.Bardha Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!
Follow-up: What is the cause for white penile discharge with discomfort erections? 44 minutes later
Okay so just an hour ago I saw a spot of blood at the end of my urine stream. (First time). Im not circumsized and did receive unprotected oral sex a week ago. I haven't taken any antibiotics. Only raw garlic hoping that may clear it up.
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Get examined&start oral&local antibiotic&more... Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for following up. From what you are saying, it could be infection of genital tract. I'd strongly suggest to run the earlier tests together with STDs testing. I'd also suggest to talk to your urologist to get circumcised once the infection is cleared. You should start oral prescription antibiotics and other drugs as per test results as soon as possible! Take care! Dr.Bardha