What is the cause for weakness in muscles after having an anaphylactic shock?
User rating for this question
Hi I have been through a very stress full time, have had an annaphalactic shock, due to medications, we believe antibiotics because of tonsillitus, but since all of this I feel unsteady dizzy on my feet, and my muscles feel very heavy and weak. After any form of exercise my muscles feel very weak and heavy, this is stressing me, because I am a runner and a cyclist, and can not do any of these forms of exercise any more, which I love and miss. I have had an mri scan from head to lower abdomen, and nothing shows up. could you tell me what this could be?
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: check your vit B12 and vit D3 level, sr CPK level Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. There is possibility of muscle weakness leading to inability to do exercises. I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level, sr CPK level, sr electrolyte and routine CBC. You can consult physiotherapist for help. Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give quick relief Strengthening gradual exercises will help in regaining power again. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
People also viewed
- Is it safe to travel in 1st week of 9th month by train
- Fingertips are numb after anaphylactic shock
- Anaphylactic shock causes
- Non sulfa loop diuretic
- Oxyelite pro cause anaphylactic shock
- Laser removal of a tonsillar cyst
- Benazepril hctz 20 12.5mg
- Ketones in urine at 10 weeks pregnant
- Tired after anaphylactic shock
- Estradiol vs es. trace
- Moxifloxacin hcl 400mg tablet
- Left front side head hurt
- Large tonsil and stress
- Weak and tired after anaphylactic shock
- Tissue plasminogen activator dosing