What is the cause for weakness in muscles after having an anaphylactic shock?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi I have been through a very stress full time, have had an annaphalactic shock, due to medications, we believe antibiotics because of tonsillitus, but since all of this I feel unsteady dizzy on my feet, and my muscles feel very heavy and weak. After any form of exercise my muscles feel very weak and heavy, this is stressing me, because I am a runner and a cyclist, and can not do any of these forms of exercise any more, which I love and miss. I have had an mri scan from head to lower abdomen, and nothing shows up. could you tell me what this could be?
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: check your vit B12 and vit D3 level, sr CPK level Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. There is possibility of muscle weakness leading to inability to do exercises. I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level, sr CPK level, sr electrolyte and routine CBC. You can consult physiotherapist for help. Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give quick relief Strengthening gradual exercises will help in regaining power again. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.