What is the cause for watery pink dots of blood and is there any possibility of follicular rupture from posterior side?

Mar 2013
Hello doctor, My average period length 32-35days. LMP:nov ovulet tablet 2.5 mg.Underwent follicular.15th day right ovary 9*10mm.then 17th day same size. 21st day free fuid found.My doctor said any other follicle from posterior side would have that possible ? this month on cycle day 32 and 33rd day had watery pink dots of blood but no bleeding or even discharge.this is strange for me as i usually get my period straight is 36th day and no period yet.please advise...
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. SOmetimes it can occur that the entire ovary is not visualized during follicular study. The ovary is a 3 dimensional object, and conventional ultrasound scans that perform follicular monitoring are 2 dimensional. Hence, it is possible, that a follicle ruptured from the posterior aspect of the ovary, which was not visualized during monitoring. As free fluid was seen, it is highly suggestive of ovulation that had occurred. As this is your 36th day, please go for a pregnancy test. As there is a history of irregular and delayed cycles, please take a blood pregnancy test. What you experienced on day 32 or 33 could be two possiibilities - 1. one is implantation bleeding. 2. the second is that one of the earlier follicles which was small on day 17, grew and ruptured on CD 32, leading to ovulatory spotting. This also sometimes happens. If the blood pregnancy test is negative, then you should visit your gynecologist for a checkup and ultrasound scan which will show the status of the ovaries and the endometrium and / or a pregnancy. All the best. Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.
Follow-up: What is the cause for watery pink dots of blood and is there any possibility of follicular rupture from posterior side? 42 minutes later
Thanks a lot for ur info doc.It is really clear to thing i forgot to mention that we had intercourse only the day doctor said follicle has ruptured and free fluid seen (because of urinary infection prior days).is there still a possibility of pregnancy?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Thank you for the appreciation. I would try my best to explain things to you simply and lucidly. The day that the follicle ruptured would be the day when pregnancy would be most likely to result. Hence, there is definitely a possibility of pregnancy. To maximize chances of conception, you should remain sexually active even otherwise , as with delayed and erratic cycles, ovulation can occur anytime. It is a good rule of thumb to remain sexually active every alternate day right from cycle day 10 onwards. Take care. You can contact me anytime directly on the following link - WWW.WWWW.WW