What is the cause for thin soft and pale colored stools?
User rating for this question
three days i had a thin soft and pale colored stools. I have no other symptoms and have regular bowel movements. Iv never seen this before.what is cause?
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Pale stools are sometimes normal Detailed Answer: Hi, The color of the stool is not always significant as it depends on the food that you eat as well. If it is pencil thin then there could be obstruction during the passage of the stool. Do you really see pencil thin stool? If yes, then a per rectal examination later with sigmoidoscopy is needed to check for growth in it. I would not be bothered if there is no abdominal pain, frequency and consistency of the bowels is normal. I just do a per rectal exam, general examination and anoscopy initially to rule out obvious things. I would ask the person to wait for a week and most often my patients found answers that their stool is back normal color and width. Hope this is helpful. Get back to me if there is blood or straining during stool.
People also viewed
- Anyone taking mirtazapine 45
- Normaxin before meal or after meal
- Lactulose solution for baby
- Types of retinal detachment
- Best treatment for polyps
- Ferrous sulfate 45 mg
- Unienzyme tablets before or after food
- What causes soft sticky stools
- What medicines cause pale stools
- Cause of pale colored stool
- Cremaffin syp after food or before food
- Movicol before or after meal
- Sporlac before or after food
- What causes pale stool
- What causes pale colored stools