What is the cause for swollen and painful feet, dizziness, thirsty and no sexual interest?

My feet are always hurting and get swollen when I walk and stand too long. I get dizzy, neauseated, thirsty, tired, and not even wanna be touched sexually.
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Could be venous insufficiency Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about these swollen legs that you get when you stand or walk for long. This is not a very rare observation especially in persons who have some risk factors which include obesity, smoking, pregnancy, standing or sitting for long periods, etc. This all happens becauase the valves which should normal hold bood and prevent it from flowing back to the limbs are weak and fail to effectively carry out their functions. As you know, when you are standing, blood flows down to the limbs under gravity. Without a proper functioning veins, getting it back to the heart becomes difficult. The end result is that it gets accumulated and causes the swelling. This will generally disappear when you lie down flat. Also, your legs are generally normal in the early morning as you step out of bed. All this supporting the fact that the blood vessels are not working properly. If it were cause by some other disease. it would be present irrespective of your position or what you do. Because so much blood gets out of the system and accumulates in the legs, you would inevitable get symptoms suggestive of a low blood volume like thirst, nausea, dizziness, etc. Sex is a very secret act. We must not have worries on our ind in order to be able to get interested and involved in a sexual activity. If you have all the symptoms listed and worried about them, believe me you would loose interest in any sexual activity. The mindset is capital to kick the machine into action. As you can tell, avoiding excessive and unnecessary upright positions, always trying to get the legs at the same level as the rest of the body while sitting. If these should not be of much help, compressive stockings can offer some additional help to keep this controlled. I hope this addresses your query fully. I wish you well and thank you so much for using our services. If there is need for any clarifications, please feel free to ask me. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD.