What is the cause for swelling in the lower skull after swimming?

looking for a Dr. to read my neck x-rays and tell me what he thinks.Have a little swelling at the lower base of my skull to the top of my shoulders happened after swimming and I got these x-rays I do not understand
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 56 minutes later

Please send your X-reports at YYYY@YYYY with sub: “ATTN Dr Jasvinder singh” so that I can have a look at your x-ray reports and it will help me in understanding your condition better.

You can also attach the x-ray reports with this query on the forum itself.

Waiting for your reports.

Follow-up: What is the cause for swelling in the lower skull after swimming? 26 hours later
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 8 hours later

Thanks for writing back and sending the x-ray reports.

I have gone through your reports and from the reports it is clear that there is no problem with the spine. The swelling below the skull and top of shoulders is a soft tissue swelling.

Lipoma is a common possibility to present as a swelling on this area. It is located just under your skin, is soft and doughy to touch and less than 2 inches (5 centimeters) in diameter, but they can grow larger. They can be painful if they grow and press on nearby nerves.

The other possible causes are subcutaneous tumors or some nodular subcutaneous fat. I will suggest an ultrasound or MRI of the area for a more confirmatory diagnosis.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.