What is the cause for swelling and discomfort in my eye?

Ophthalmologist
Question
IT FELT LIKE A RUBBER BAND SNAPPED BELOW MY EYE LAST NITE. iT HURT,BUT SEEMED O.K. I WOKE UP TODAY WITH SWELLING BELOW MY EYE AND DISCOMFORT IN MY EYE AREA.
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It can be inflammatory disease of glands of eye. Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to health care magic I am Dr Dadapeer an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. It seems from the history that you are having inflammation involving one of the glands of the eye lids. The treatment is by hot compression applied to the area of discomfort and oral antiinflammatory and antibiotic drugs. I would like to rule out few inflammatory conditions like hordeolum. If you can send a photograph of the affected eye I will be able to guide you accurately. Hope the information is helpful to you. Thank you