What is the cause for sudden headache and blurry vision?

Excellent

Ophthalmologist
Question
for the third time withing a month i felt like something is weird happend in my head. something like a blood clot stopped for a split second and moved accompanied with a headach, Blurry vision and somewhat of a diarrhea. All symptoms are gone except the headach i still have, it is about a 4 on 1 to 10 scale 10 bieng the worst. i wasn't doing anything unusual when it happened i was either watching tv or after dinner. my stress level is the same nothing is unusual is going on in my life. my blood pressure is normal 126/73 i take medication for it.
Posted Tue, 17 Dec 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It seems like transient ischemic attack. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to health care magic It seems from the history that you had sudden blackout with blurry vision and followed by headache. These symptoms indicate of a transient ischemic attack. The causes for it are Hypoglycemia - decreased glucose level in the body because of fasting or not taking food at right time Hypovolemia - decreased blood volume because of dehydration, inadequate intake of fluids... Hypoperfuion - decreased blood supply as a result of various of vascular conditions including vascular spasms, vasculitis... Since first two conditions are not there in the history you have provided, I think the symptoms are indicating towards hypoperfusion. Since you have experienced the attacks for the third time in the month and you have headache followed by these symptoms and age is 45 years, this requires further evaluation by clinical examination and investigations. Hence I advice you to consult physician for further evaluation and treatment accordingly depending on the condition. Hope I have answered your query. Thank you

Follow-up: What is the cause for sudden headache and blurry vision? 15 minutes later
I can't see a doctor for few days. How serious is my condition? what should i look out for since I still have my headach? What kind of doctor should I go see?

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: You need toconsult specialist in Internal medicine Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for the follow up query. The condition itself is not serious, but sometimes it may indicate some other underlying diseases like atherosclerotic changes in the carotid arteries leading to carotid artery disease, vasculitis... which requires treatment. The things you to look for are See that your blood pressure is under complete control Avoid any undue stress or heavy physical activity Avoid alcohol and smoking (If do not please ignore) You need to consult Physician or specialist in Internal medicine for further evaluation. If the recurrent attacks increase in frequency or in the time duration, then you need to consult doctor at the earliest. Hope I have answered your query. With regards Dr. Dadapeer K

Follow-up: What is the cause for sudden headache and blurry vision? 5 minutes later
I just uploaded my latest medical record, Please review and advise if you see anything up normal? I take one baby aspirin in the morning should I take one more before I go to sleep or anything else?

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Baby aspirin daily once is sufficieint. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thank you for the follow up query. I reviewed the reports which you have sent along with the follow up, the cholesterol level seems to be on the higher side, otherwise rest all are fine. Hence no need to worry. Aspirin in an anti platelet drug and it is very helpful in preventing myocardial infarction, stroke .... Hence continue the aspirin no problem. Baby aspirin of 81 mg is sufficient , I don't think there is a need for taking two tablets. Hope I have answered your query. Thank you

Follow-up: What is the cause for sudden headache and blurry vision? 2 minutes later
Thank you so much Doctor.

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you Detailed Answer: Thank you for asking to health care magic. If you do not have further questions please close the query and rate the answer. Wishing you good health With regards Dr Dadapeer K