What is the cause for soreness in arm and pea sized painful lump after a fall?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi, fell 3 months ago on forearm/elbow. Small area of swelling kind of like a whelp that turned light blue for about a day. Sore for about a week. Leaned on arm today and felt pain in that area. Felt a bb-pea sized had lump that is painful to touch. Bone chip? Cyst from injury? Can it cause other problems if bone chip? Thank you for your time responding!
Posted Sun, 12 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: can be venous clot or Hematoma/cyst collection Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. As per your history it looks swelling of soft tissue which can be venous clot or Hematoma/cyst collection which is fibrosed due to trauma. It may subside with time or may remain of same size. Pain on swelling indicates inflammatory process or nerve compression. I will advise you to do MRI and Ultrasound of the swelling. If its collection/cyst it can be excised. Possibility of bone chip is less as it gives restriction of movement along with pain from day of injury. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.