What is the cause for sore throat?

Hi, I had a bad cold which mostly seems to be gone and with it came a mildly sore throat but I had to shout to talk to someone two days ago which hurt my throat and now my throat is killing me and I'm having trouble talking, swallowing etc. Do I need to see a doctor?
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Gargle, NSAID drug, Consult doctor Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for using XXXXXXX I went through the query and understood your concern. The symptoms suggests that you are suffering from infection, mostly pharyngitis. The problem may be due to allergy or due to inhaler use for asthma management or due to direct infection. So this needs evaluation. So you need to consult your doctor for examination and treatment. Mean time do concentrated salt warm water gargle and drink only warm water. You need to take anti inflammatory drugs like aceclofenac and needs antibiotic. Since you are allergic to penicillin, you should take other group of antibiotics if bacterial infection. So better to consult your doctor once for diagnosis and for your management. Hope this information helps you. Feel free to ask if any related queries and I will be glad to answer them. Wish you faster recovery. Regards