What is the cause for sore lumps under skin by tailbone?
User rating for this question
I have two lumps under my skin by my tailbone on both sides, they have been really sore, what are they? What should I do?
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: If this is painful on touch then this is probably inflammation process which is very common in this area. There are several possible causes: it can be simple folliculitis due to hair follicle infection or it can be more severe abscess such as perianal abscess or pylonidal cyst. Folliculitis may pass spontaneously or with antibiotics,but other 2 should be treated surgically since it may progress and usually it comes back even after it heals. Surgical drainage is most efficient treatment and pain is immidiately gone after procedure. So I suggest to visit doctor who will examine these bumps and then it can be managed under local or short general anasthesia or antibiotics can be prescribed. Meanwhile,you should keep this area clean and dry and avoid scratching. Other possible causes are benign subcutaneous lesions such as lipoma,fibroma or cysts but it would not be painful. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards
Follow-up: What is the cause for sore lumps under skin by tailbone? 6 minutes later
Is there any way to stop the bleeding?
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: you can apply pressure on it by sterile gauze and hold it for 5 minutes or put some ice on it for 10-15 minutes. But if it bleeds then you should visit doctor definitely. it doesnt indicate anything serious,but it probably wont pass spontaneously and some intervention is necessary.
People also viewed
- Lump on tailbone under skin dog
- Piles the rim of my anus has swollen
- Sore tailbone causes
- Hard lump under skin near tailbone
- What is the cause of soreness when sitting on tailbone
- What is lymphovascular invasion
- Skin irritation vaginal area
- Unless he puts fingre in anus he cant pass stool
- Lower right abdomal pain and loud bubbling noises please help
- Lumps growing under skin near tailbone
- Having stomach pain and diagnosed as obstruction in lower bowel
- How can i get the proper diet plan
- Intraductal papilloma pathology outlines
- Iodine to shrink thyroid nodules
- Normal qt interval in men