What is the cause for sore hips and dull pain at the bottom of rib cage?

ive been having this dull pain towards the bottom of my right rib cage, my sides hurt and my mid back on the sides sometimes cetain areas of my ribs ache my right hip at time feel sour sometimes i even feel like theres an air bubble right above the dull pain that i get at the bottom of my rib cage skightly above it sometimes i feel lite headed its a little scary and when i think about too much i feel like fainting any ideas?
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Liver function test, Ultrasound abdomen. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. There are plenty of causes for dull pain under the right rib cage. some common causes are gall bladder diseases such as stones or infection, liver disease such as hepatitis, gastric ulcer, Gastritis etc. Even Musclo skeletal pain in rib can be a cause. If you are my patient, i would like to take the thorough history following examination. i would look for any tenderness under the rib cage and any liver or other organ enlargement. Then i would refer you for further investigations like 1. Liver function test to rule out any liver disease 2. Ultrasound abdomen to rule out gall stones 3. X-Ray Chest and Abdomen If all these investigations and findings are normal, then i would prescribe proton pump inhibitors like Omeprazole for 10 days or a week. So please get examined by your primary care physician and do investigations i mentioned above. Because with out physical examination and investigation, it is very difficult to identify the cause for your pain. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.