What is the cause for shooting pain in chest?

Cardiologist
Question
Hi If you get shooting pain in chest. The pain lasts less then a second . I just get worried
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 33 minutes later
Hi i read your query and would like to say that it looks like premature heart beat. I suggest to do an ECG and consult a cardiologist.

Follow-up: What is the cause for shooting pain in chest? 18 minutes later
I had ecg in XXXXXXX it was perfect. I been GP they said it looks great i have a good strong heart beat

Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 3 days later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, If the ECG you did in XXXXXXX was perfect, and you have been diagnosed with a good strong heart beat, then, there is not need to be worried about. The pain you are feeling will be related to neurological or muscular patterns. So, I'd suggest to: - take otc oral analgesics to reduce pain (paracetamol,ibuprofen,ketoprofen) - if your work involves working in front of the computer for too long; I'd suggest to have several breaks and do some stretching exercises; please stay straight - try to be more physically involved to reduce muscle strain - drink more water - avoid caffeine or energetic drinks - try to cope with stress if you are having a stressful period or work overload - do regular check ups annually All the best! Dr.Benard

Follow-up: What is the cause for shooting pain in chest? 2 hours later
Thanks for advice and reasuring Great people

Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: You are most welcome. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Happy to come to know I was of help! All the best! Dr.Benard