What is the cause for right bicep spasms and numbness in fingers?

23 yr. female w/ experiencing right bicep spasming and numbness in fingers
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You need to consult a Neurologist Detailed Answer: Hi there, Thanks for your query. The symptoms are due to either * Compression over the spinal cord in the neck region (due to disc herniation, narrowing of spinal canal) or Compression over the nerves originating from the spine in the neck region. * Compression/ irritation of the web of nerves (called Brachial plexus supplying the shoulder and arm muscles) following injury to the shoulder joint or even an injection; or, inflammation of the plexus (called Brachial neuritis) Consult your doctor or a Neurologist and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with my opinion; order required tests such as MRI neck and shoulder joint, NCV, EMG etc, and- based on the reports- will arrive at a certain diagnosis and prescribe suitable treatment as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal