What is the cause for reg vaginal spot?
User rating for this question
My mother who is 83 y old had some red vaginal spot that become pink today.she has a pelvic pessary as well and was taking 325 mg of Asprin . She had a story of uterus polyps removal about ten years ago. her obgyn seen her and performed her regular year exam ( without pop smear - it was done last year) about two weeks ago and she said everything is normal . What it might be?? thank you very much
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Atrophied endometrium, abrasions on vaginal mucosa Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. The possible causes for your mother's problem are : - During menopause, endometrial layer gets atrophied. That can lead to exposure of underlying blood vessels and can increase their fragility, leading to bleeding. - Usage of vaginal pessary can lead to local abrasions, ulcers etc, leading to bleeding. - Rare causes like cervical or endometrial neoplasia etc. As your gynecologist told that examination findings are normal, there is less possibility for cervical factors and local lesions. So, better to go for ultrasound and coagulation profile. If everything is normal, no need to worry. Usually this bleeding may not repeat. Along with atrophied endometrium, polyps will also get atrophied after menopause usually. She has to change the pessary at regular intervals. If needed she can use local estrogen cream for few days with your doctor's advice. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
People also viewed
- What is the cause for reg vaginal spot
- G reg sr 500 what uses of tablets
- Alcohal after third week of angioplast
- What is gonapeptyl down reg injection for ?
- Reversing cardiomyopathy naturally
- Cardiomyopathy and stomach pain
- Low amniotic fluid after stomach flu
- Cardiopulmonary stress test results
- Brownish spotting after ane b
- Alcohol ten hours after postinor2
- Care facilities for dementia patients
- What causes vaginal spotting at age 63
- Mild hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- What are the causes of vaginal discharge and spotting
- After taking anafortan plus for a week