What is the cause for radiating testicle pain?

I have right testicle pain radiating into my right flank and right abdomen. I've been seen multiple times in the hospital and no one can seem to figure out why please help!
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later
Brief Answer: This needs a ultrasound and Doppler done. Detailed Answer: Welcome to XXXXXXX Testicles are originally formed in abdomen and they descend down to scrotum.So there are few conditions which can cause such pain. Causes can be patent communication of abdomen to scrotum, encysted hydrocele , recurrent partial torsion of testis , recurrent infections or mal positioned testis. Ideally after a clinical evaluation I get an ultrasound and Doppler done to know underlying cause.After that it is simple to plan the treatment. If problem persists, seeing a urologist is also a good option. Hope this answers your question.Please ask if there are doubts.
Follow-up: What is the cause for radiating testicle pain? 21 minutes later
I have been to a urologist he told me that I should follow up with a orthopedic stating that the issue was more than likely musculoskeletal. I had that follow up today after having an MRI. The dr stated that there weren't any findings that could result in the pain I am experiencing and he referred me back to the urologist. I am very discouraged at this point and could use an idea as to what maybe to recommend to my urologist. I am experiencing right quadrant pain as well
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Was ultrasound or Doppler done for this? Detailed Answer: was blood supply to testis evaluated? If I were to be investigating you, I would really like to perform an ultrasound abdomen and pelvis can along with Doppler studies of scrotal blood vessels. You may discuss about these tests with your doctor if it wasn't done yet. Regards
Follow-up: What is the cause for radiating testicle pain? 6 hours later
Yes both a CT and ultrasound test were performed
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 5 hours later
Brief Answer: what about Doppler? Detailed Answer: Was Doppler done to evaluate blood supply?
Follow-up: What is the cause for radiating testicle pain? 11 minutes later
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Referred pain. Detailed Answer: Hi, If all these investigations were normal then only one thing I can think of is referred pain from abdominal cause.May be related to your previous surgeries. Post surgical trapping of nerve , spermatic cord or intestinal loops etc can cause such pain. And in that case I would suggest use of painkillers as and when needed. Apart for this no other treatment can be suggested. Also since these investigations are normal , I would not be expecting something really serious underlying cause. Regards,