What is the cause for persistent cough in child?

my son (3 yrs) is having cough persistent for last 3.5 months. I have taken advice from paedtrician but he says it is a common cold. I think it is more than common cold. Please suggest.
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 1 hour later
Brief Answer: relax Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. As you mentioned that your child is having cough for more than 3months I would like to know few things.: -is it dry or profuctive is nature -is there fever associated with it. -any weight loss during this period. Kindly let me know these so that I can give you proper suggestion.