What is the cause for pain in shinbone and pelvic discomfort?

I am having pain in my left shoulder for about 3monthd off and on pain in my shinbone discomfort in my pelvic and hips had ct scan and X-ray of back all normal dr did ANA testing positive title 1;160 homogeneous dr thinks I have lupus but I don't think this sous not sound likeipus went to see orthopedic he thinks I have tendinitis in left shoulder. I am so worried.
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 23 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your query I will like to tell you that ANA can be positive in 1-5% of normal population also and with age the positivity increases . Whatever symptoms you are giving dont go well with diagnosis of lupus . You can get an ENA profile , Anti dS DNA antibody and complement levels C3 & C4 for confirming the diagnosis of LUPUS. There is possibility of tendinitis or may be early stages of frozen shoulder as told by your Orthopeadician . Also get your vitamin D level , calcium levels tested . Their deficiency may also lead to pain and aches in whole body. Take care. Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: What is the cause for pain in shinbone and pelvic discomfort? 34 hours later
My Vitamin D is 39 all other test was negative for lupus
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, If all the profile that I mentioned in earlier answer to you is negative then alone ANA positivity in low titre will not make a diagnosis of lupus . Your vitamin D levels are fine . I dont think you have lupus in my opinion. You can take a second opinion from a rheumatologist at your place to confirm this. It can be purely age related ANA positivity in your case. Dr. Shruti