Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the cause for pain in left testicle after work out?

Hi Was working out and soon after my left testicle became painful. At the moment it is painful to the touch but there doesn't seem to be an swelling.
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Minor injury during exercise- probably------------ Detailed Answer: Welcome to the forum. Three common causes of testis pain are----- 1. Torsion of the testis. 2. Infection called Epididymo- orchitis. 3. Injury. I rule out the first one as it is common in the younger age group. The second cause usually has associated swelling. The third cause is likely due to minor injury at exercise. At present, scrotal support in the form of tight underwear and mild pain killers should help. You need to consult when--- 1. The pain increases or persists. 2. Associated swelling / fever or urinary symptoms. Hope this helps, Kindly write back for doubts if any, Truly,
Follow-up: What is the cause for pain in left testicle after work out? 1 hour later
Thank you Doctor. I believe you're right about the minor injury. No doubt your experience has provided you with an understanding of the exaggerated reactions most men would feel about anything related to our testicles. Your response relieved both mind and body. I am grateful and thank you again. Regards, XXXX
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Thank you. Detailed Answer: Welcome.