What is the cause for pain at the back of the skull. ?

Hello. I consisently am having pain in the back my skull at the base. The pain is either on left or rigjt side rarely both sides at once. Its near the bottom of skull where the bone is. Its get very sore even sore when i lay down on pillow it hurts. Massage somtimes helps as well as ibpro. I try heat and ice too. Nothimg seems to fix it permantly and i dont know what causes the pain. Sometimes Pain goes into my face and infeel dizzy and sometimes into my shoulder and upper back. Im scared its a tumor or something terrible. Ive been having this pain for six months daily. Ive had no injuries. When i went to doctor they said it was just tension. In picture my index finger indicates where Pain is.
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 4 days later
Brief Answer: Non specific radiating pain Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to healthcare magic. I just saw your picture and reviewed your case, it is suggesting signs of cervical spondylosthesis which is a degenerative condition charectorised by non specific symptoms as you have mentioned.. Any tumors or growth will put pressure on the nerves causing dizziness or pain in the nerve root, so rule out any growth or tumour in the neck by doing CT or MRI scan.. it will reveal lot of details Hope this information is helpful Thanks