What is the cause for occasional bumps and fordyce spots on lips?

Hi there. I am a healthy 29 year old male with no known health issues. I am not sexually active aside from kissing and have been with the same girl for a long time, who is also clean. I do not have HSV1 (I was tested a few months back) and neither does my partner, unless I somehow spontaneously contracted it. I am however having an occasional bump on my lips. I had one a week ago that a doctor on this page told me was a simple pimple. I have enclosed the image of that original bump for your reference. It had a white paste inside I squeezed out and it has since gone away. I am writing about a new bump which has appeared. Like the first one, it seems to be hard and raised above the lip skin. It is completely painless so far (the original bump had a little pain). I would like to rule out a spontaneous contraction of HSV1. I do not know what an early cold sore would look like though so I could be worried for nothing. In any case, I just know this bump is not normally on my mouth. Please clarify what it could be and why I might have had two of these back to back. Also please note, I have lots of fordyce spots on my lips as you'll see. Could this be an irritated fordyce? I have no other symptoms. Thank you so much.
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: Welcome back. Looking at images this doesn't look like HSV. Also it is painless and bumps are not in cluster so unlikely to be HSV. Looking at history and white material coming out through it , this looks like prominent sebaceous glands and fordyce spots. Ideal step would be to get tested for HSV, this will help to relieve your anxiety and also be doubly sure. Reference - WWW.WWWW.WW Hope this helps. Please feel free to ask if there are doubts. Regards.