What is the cause for nausea, headache, pain behind knees radiating to calf and back pain?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hi I am 48'year old women have diabetics and 2!blocked arteries at 50% I have been extremely nauseous a chronic headache and am extremely tired . I have terrible pain behind my knee caps that radiate to my calfs . Been checked for blood flow all is good and it is always there and worsens when walking. Also have back pain below bra line . Hope u can help me out . XXXXX
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: MRI scan of spine to know the exact pathology. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. All the symptoms in your description typically suggests a degenerative disc disease with radiculopathy. It occurs due to repetitive overload or stress to the disc & it increases the risk of disc herniation & spinal canal stenosis. I suggest you to have MRI scan of spine to know the exact pathology. The management protocol depends on the severity of nerve compression. Temporary pain relief can be obtained by using an appropriate analgesic or muscle relaxant ,Pregabalin & methylcobalamine supplements. You have to do stretching & strengthening exercises in which you have to stretch tight muscle & strengthen weakened ones which will alleviate stress on facet joint and disc. Consult an orthopaedic surgeon for further workup and management. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care
Follow-up: What is the cause for nausea, headache, pain behind knees radiating to calf and back pain? 1 hour later
Thanks. That is what is causing head ace and knee pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 22 hours later
Brief Answer: You are correct. Detailed Answer: Hi, I am glad to know that I could address your concern. You are correct, pain behind knee might be due to radiation of pain due to nerve compression at spine.