What is the cause for movement and pinching in scrotum?

General Surgeon
Hi my problem is movement and pinching in the scrotum sack. It happens whenever my stomach rumbles or when I feel tingling or crawling sensation in my back(left shoulder side). Also for some reason my stomach makes a lot of noise and I have much more mucus in my mouth than I need. The mucus always gets in my way whenever I am speaking. It's really hard for me to maintain at least 20 minutes of open conversation without spitting. I need help asap
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It's normal cremasteric reflex Detailed Answer: Namasthe Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Movement and pinching in scrotum is due to hyperactive cremasteric reflex. It's a perfectly normal thing in which the testis ascends upwards and the bag of scrotum shrinks. There is a absolutely no reason for worrying. Making of sound in the stomach also known as audible borborygmii sounds may also be normal and sometimes it occurs because of 1. Decreased intake of water 2. Diet low in fiber and consumption of food stuffs which causes fermentation. Increased mucous in the mouth is due to thick secretionson the mouth which could be due to Xerostomia or dryness of mouth. It could be due to 1. Decreased water consumption 2. Affection of salivary glands. I would suggest you the following which will definitely help you 1. Consume good quantity of water;2 to 3 liter a day 2. High fiber diet: Two serving of vegetable salad and fruits especially citrus fruit will be beneficial 3. Adding 3to 4 drops of lemon juice to a big sugar cube and chewing it 5 to 6 times a day will promote secretion of saliva which is thinner in consistency. 4. Maintaining good oral hygeine and rinsing the mouth with warm water and two spoons of salt added will be beneficial. 5. Avoid constipation causing diet: especially refined flour like bread, biscuits, cookies. 6. Consume small quantity of meals frequently. It will definitely help. In case the symptoms persists would suggest you to consult a Surgeon for thorough reassessment. In case you require any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH Consultant Surgeon
Follow-up: What is the cause for movement and pinching in scrotum? 47 hours later
Thanks Doctor XXXXXXX I was wondering what's causing the left shoulder crawling sensation that feels like ant or cockroach, and also why is it that the back crawling, stomach rumbling and scrotal movement occur at the same time? I have stress marks on my face because I can't sleep at all at night due to the scrotal movement. Any over the counter medication you could suggest? Thanks again
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: No cause for concern Detailed Answer: Greetings There seems nothing wrong with the scrotum . You have to be firmly reassured that there is nothing wrong with your scrotum. Wearing the right size underwear(perfectly fitting Neither too loose nor tight) will definitely provide good scrotal support and reassure more as the movements will tend to decrease. I would suggest you taking Multi Vitamin supplement along with Vitamin E supplements. It will definitely help for the crawling symptoms you are experiencing. I would suggest the following for your face 1. Steam inhalation for the face 15 minutes each session twice a day. 2. Place cucumber peel over the eyes and stress marks for 30 minutes. Following which wash your face with Cold Water with 2 spoons of XXXXXXX water added. Doing it every day before going to sleep, will be very much relaxing and also take care of marks. 3. Avoid the following Tea Coffee Alcohol Smoking 4. After the face wash apply moisturising cream containing aloe vera and Vitamin E Would suggest you to religiously follow this and over period of time you will definitely have lot of improvements. It will also help in your abdominal complaints. Sometimes the peristaltic or thought about the scrotum movements themselves provoke movement of scrotum. That may be the reason you are having them simultaneously. There is no cause for concern. In case you require any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH Consultant Surgeon