What is the cause for mild watery stools and warm body?

May 2014

Warm left side. No pain. Today mild watery stools. Sunday watery stools all day. I also live with sinus when the weather turns. Health is fair.
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Probably due to taking spoilt food Detailed Answer: HiXXXXX, Thanks for writing in to us. It appears that you are having a mild large bowel infection and recovering from the same. The descending and sigmoid parts of colon are present on the left side. You might have had a mild infection that caused watery stools all Sunday and it decreased in intensity on Monday. It could also be due to a taking spoilt foods. If the stools are getting back to normal, there is no need to worry. You may take lots of fruit juices and bland home prepared food. You must compensate for all the fluid loss as watery stools and give rest to your bowels. Avoid taking spicy food. You should be fine by Wednesday. If the stools are continuing or increasing in intensity and frequency, please consult your doctor immediately for medications and take precautions to avoid dehydration. Treating dehydration is most important and can become life threatening. Hope your query is answered. Do write back if you have any doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek
Follow-up: What is the cause for mild watery stools and warm body? 2 days later
Thank you. I do feel better. Today is very slight pain (gas) no diarrhea same left side. I do eat a lot of spicy food. Do I have spicy all together or is once in awhile ok? Thanks again for your answer. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing back with an update. Glad to know that you are doing well. For a while you may take spicy food cautiously. Once you consider yourself comfortable you may start taking spicy food once in a while. You may take medications that reduce gas formation like proton pump inhibitors like pantoprazole which is to be taken 30 minutes before taking spicy food. Taking this medication regularly for more than two months should be under the guidance of your doctor. Wishing you good health. Regards, Dr.Vivek