What is the cause for migraines, teeth pain, jaw and neck lymph nodes?

Symptoms: worsened migraines with auras, severe teeth pain with pressure (not dental), neck pain, jaw pain, right swollen axillary lymphnode, night sweats/odor
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 18 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for ur query. Pains may be due to either a variant of migraine or Trigeminal neuralgia. Long-term preventive treatment (6-12months) with combination of anti-epileptic + anti-depressant + anti-anxiety drug + Beta-blockers will cure it permanently. Lymphnode swelling is due to either bacterial infection or tuberculosis. Consult a doctor immediately. Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
Follow-up: What is the cause for migraines, teeth pain, jaw and neck lymph nodes? 7 hours later
What about the night sweats? I have to change my clothing at least once every night and there is a sour vaginal smell to the sweat. It's terrible.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 2 days later
Brief Answer: Night sweats due to Chronic infections/malignancy Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Commonest causes of night sweats include * menopause; * most of the chronic infections, particularly Tuberculosis, bacterial infections of the heart and bones; and * malignancies, most commonly Lymphomas, or an undiagnosed underlying malignancy or other site/organ of the body. * Some anti-depressant drugs too cause night sweats in about 10-20% of the patients. If you have not reached menopause so far, night sweats in the presence of an enlarged axillary lymph node, strongly suggests either TUBERCULOSIS or malignancy/LYMPHOMA. Other conditions are ruled out in the absence of any suggestive features. However, if you are at menopausal stage, aggravation of migraine attacks and foul smelling night sweats, can be attributed to menopause. My opinion is based PURELY on the information provided. Consult your doctor at the earliest for a thorough work-up. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Take care Dr. Rakesh Karanwal