What is the cause for lumps between mouth and jaw line?
User rating for this question
Lump under the skin between mouth and jaw line. lump feels fluidly. Doesn't hurt. About the size of the tip of your little finger. No reason for it can be thought of.
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Could be due to result of infection. Detailed Answer: Hello there, Lump in the mouth can be because of various reasons, few are infection in the tooth that had spread to the periapical tissue. Other reasons are salivary gland disorder, lymph node, cyst or an allergic reaction. If this lump has appeared recently, it is not growing or causing you symptoms you can safely wait for a day or two. I would suggest you to get a thorough check up done by an oral surgeon if symptoms persist or aggravates. I would order for an OPG radiograph, ultrasound examination and complete hemogram before planning further treatment aspects. Till then at home take lukewarm saline and antiseptic mouthwash rinses. Hope you find this as informative and helpful! Take care! Dr Qazi Ammara.
Follow-up: What is the cause for lumps between mouth and jaw line? 10 hours later
This not inside the mouth, it's on the outside.
Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: hi, Detailed Answer: Welcome back, Infection from the mouth can also protude extraorally leading to formation of an lump. An ultrasound of the lump may be taken to get to a diagnosis. As i have mentioned you earlier you need to get an thorough clinical examination by an Oral Surgeon for appropraite diagnosis and treatment plan. Take care! Dr Qazi Ammara
People also viewed
- Semantic pragmatic disorder and going to the dentist
- 9th month pregnancy black color stool
- Do dentists use flucloxacillin
- What causes lumps on the roof of the mouth
- Dentist diabetis tooth extract
- Lip twitching since dentist
- Blood smell 9th month
- Movable lump on jaw line mouth ulcer
- Lump inside mouth jaw
- 9th week of pregnancy small blood stains
- Brownish discharge in 9th week
- Trimethoprim for dental problems
- What causes dry mouth and metallic taste in mouth
- What causes sore lumps on the roof of mouth
- Normal blood pressure in 9th month pregnancy