What is the cause for lump in breast with thick discharge?

i have a rice size lump in my breast a long thick white vein in same arm pit ,i had a thick hard discharge first then every day a feeling you get when your milk comes in at least five times a day with small amount of clear discharge my nipple has leveled with breast and nipple is red the area around the nipples have grown but seem paler the pain between shoulder blades is very painful night time only i have a heavy feeling with pain in my left shoulder same side as lump and vien had a ultrasound negative i had a mammogram recieved a letter to attend for more testing on the letter they gave me a time and date , first appointment when they return from holidays, im exhausted
Posted Sun, 12 Jan 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: Wait till your tests are complete. Detailed Answer: Hello and thanks for your query. I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions. A lump in the breast with the discharge symptoms that you have indicated will need the mammography reports and blood tests to be conclusive. Cancer of course is the doubt that arises is such a situation, but it is important that the tests are complete. Pain in your body regions may or may not be related to your breast condition. Although, the initial doubt I would like to rule out is the presence of any bony secondary deposits due to certain types of breast cancer. But, then this has to be validated with bone scans following the primary diagnosis. Especially so, when you also have a history of osteoarthritis. Traumadol for the pain is necessary and will keep you good from the intense pain all around. I would like to know more on your hypertension medical history for the prescription of candesartan and the reason for the removal of your gall bladder. And whether your close family has any significant medical history. Blood tests for gene testing may be done to categorize the breast cancer if the mammography result indicates so. This will decide the treatment course and prognosis. Exhaustion may due likely be to mental stress due to this hard times, low blood hemoglobin and poor diet commonly. Presume, you have good support around you in order to help lead a normal life as much as possible. I certainly believe you are in the midst of good timely medical attention for your condition and you need to wait till all the reports come out. Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question. Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions. Sincerely, Dr Sujeet, MBBS, MD. Consultant Physician.
Follow-up: What is the cause for lump in breast with thick discharge? 5 hours later
i have always had perfect blood presure until recently ive been on blood presser meds for 6 months now ,ive always been a fit active lady not even one strech mark until recently on breast only ,the removal of the gall bladder happened 19 years ago when i was 7 months pregnant i had never had a sick day in my life prier to this the opperation left a huge scare and a plastic tube was needed for buypassing something ,anyways i have had excrusiating pain on a daily basses in the area of scaring ,this was done on my right side and was in hospital for 4 months before the operated they would make a joke about how green i went terrible jaundice still have yellow dots in whites of eyes ,only other problem i have is night time only while trying to sleep i have a sharp shooting pain that comes in for 3 seconds and goes for 3 seconds in theright shin bone ,continual all night every 3 second ,so painful
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 2 days later
Brief Answer: Bone pains need the scan reports. Detailed Answer: Thanks for the reply. The significant findings I find in your reply now is that those pains in your leg region may likely be associated as much the pains you have described at the shoulder blades earlier. So, the bone scan reports have to come in subsequent to the mammography for further confirmation. You deserve to get adequate pain relief in any case, especially when you are loosing sleep. Do talk to your attending doctor about adequate pain medications. Let me know if you have further queries. Sincerely,