What is the cause for lesions on forearm with slight erythema?

I am a female under 30 in good health. I am experiencing lesions on my L forearm that seem to follow the pattern of the accessory cephalic vein. These lesions are not raised. These lesions present with only slight erythema, with irregular borders, and range in size from 0.5mm to 0.8 inches. I do not experience any itching or drainage from any of these lesions, and do not have any other constitutional s/s. These lesions have been present for approximately 3 weeks, without much change in appearance. I have not traveled outside the US in the past 3 years (to rule out any suspicion of foreign illness.) I have not experienced any skin condition like this before, and do not have these lesions anywhere else on my body. I do not use IV or illicit drugs. Thank you in advance for your response.
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pictures Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. See I would like to have a look at the exact skin lesions before we can discuss the possible diagnosis. Please click some close up pictures of the skin lesions and upload them here on this page. You can also mail then at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul. Waiting for the pictures Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: What is the cause for lesions on forearm with slight erythema? 39 hours later
Dr. XXXXXXX Have you been able to review the photographs I have provided? Have you come to any conclusions or hypotheses?
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 10 hours later
Brief Answer: granulomatous skin disease Detailed Answer: Hey hi I have seen the attached pictures. See the type of skin lesions that you have are first of all a bit atypical. Such asymptomatic skin lesions are surely a cause of concern and need further evaluation in the form of a skin biopsy. These are surely not eczematous in nature. Coming to the differentials, I would really like to rule out a granulomatous pathology in the form of sarcoidosis or a fungal infection or a necrobiotic disease. I would advise you assessment by a nearby dermatologist so that a skin biopsy can be done if found necessary. I do not think you should really be waiting for these to heal by themselves since they are increasing since three weeks now. Dr Geetika Paul